Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Notes



At the suggestion of my brother I watched Dr. Wayne Dyer Sunday morning  on Public Television. Hmmm a lot to wonder about. I typed in a few little notes on my iPhone. I looked at it today and here is my very abbreviated summary:
Edged God Out = EGO
The “Small Self” seeks things that will perish.
The “Higher Self” is spirit, God, something eternal .
Jesus says God is Love
This last little note I jotted down is my belief – God is Love. That’s all I need to know…
I like these hasty transcripts; it is something I completely agree with. I am constantly aware of the struggle between ego and spirit. I try to stay in spirit and keep ego at bay. It is difficult, but it’s supposed to be, we are supposed to be challenged by the “outside” but should succumb to our inside, our spirit. When we do, we know it, it feels like victory and when we let ego win, we know that too, it feels awful – it feels like we ate too much, said too much, spent too much, just not good .
Anyway, just wanted to post this. Dr. Dyer spoke for a couple of hours and nearly every word he uttered was profound but this is what stood out for me the most. I hope you can connect and perhaps spend your day in spirit instead of feeding “ego”.
“Everything you are against weakens you. Everything you are for empowers you.”

enjoying the weather

b u
p s



No comments:

Post a Comment