Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Following Your Bliss

I’m writing from Boulder, Colorado at a Whole Foods on the corner of Broadway and Baseline looking at the Rocky Mountains and waiting for Matthew and Andrew.I have been here since yesterday, Friday, April 20 – 420 – and I am leaving tomorrow – Earth Day. The time in between these two days has been, thus far, very well spent. There is quite the Bohemian, (noveau)hippie, kinda attitude here – natural looking girls with long hair and guys on bikes and super fit and just cool. I met most of Matt and Drew’s classmates/friends and I could not be more pleased - multi dimensional people who are genuine and artsy and  “following their bliss” -  wow, I am happy!!  I went to the first farmer’s market of spring this morning and it was something I could easily visit every Saturday – organic everything – even raw milk and little pots of herbs to buy and plant and mushrooms from the mountains, cheese from local goat farms and artesian bread with organic flax seed. And did I mention everyone drives a Subaru? I keep waiting to see Alice Waters somewhere. A few years ago, I posted a list from her on this blog and to commemorate my trip to Boulder, I think I shall re post:

Eat locally and sustainably

Eat seasonally

Shop at farmer’s markets

Plant a garden

Conserve, compost, and recycle

Cook simply

Cook together

Eat together

Remember food is precious

This could hang on the walls at Escoffier – what a wonderful path to choose…

















b u
p s

No comments:

Post a Comment