Saturday, February 5, 2011

socrates

Remember, no human condition is ever permanent. Then you will not be overjoyed in good fortune nor too scornful in misfortune.
Socrates

I love this; it is so comforting. It is amazing how someone that lived over 2400 years ago can still be relevant. I agree with this philosophy and try to live my life in the middle somewhere - never making much to do about highs and holding my breath through the lows, waiting for them to end. I love that middle ground, that ho hum of the everyday, dishes to wash, grass to cut, supper to cook, kids to hug, friends to call, seeds to sow, moments to laugh, bills to pay, chickens to feed, words to write, paintings to paint, granola to make, berries to pick, walks to take, buttons to sew, towels to fold, groceries to buy, beds to make, and songs to hear; the best parts of my life . Thank you Socrates for saying what I feel.
b u
p s

No comments:

Post a Comment