Tuesday, April 19, 2011

freedom

‘It is preoccupation with possession, more than anything else, that prevents men from living freely and nobly.’
 ~Bertrand Russell
…this tiptoed into my radar this morning, something I want to think about, to put in my subconscious.

Something I have thought of that may lessen my emotional load is to not place judgment on occurrences, perhaps I will think in terms of it “is what it is”. I think it will take an emotional break from trying to decide if something that happens to me is “good” or “bad” – sounds tremendously freeing…I think I will couple this exercise with not making TO DO LISTS and I may find myself in a more peaceful place.


“When people see some things as beautiful,
other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good,
other things become bad.”
~Lao Tzu
b u
p s

No comments:

Post a Comment