Sunday, January 8, 2012

Leaving

The twins left yesterday morning but not before a flat on the truck and tears in my heart. Boulder or bust. It is such a conflicting internal struggle for parents this letting go, saying good bye – our heads and our heart don’t see it the same way. I am trying to allow my head to win this battle, this conquest of freedom and independence that I so want for all of my children but my silly heart still sees them at two, toddling around with buster brown haircuts and chubby little hands that were so warm to hold.  Yesterday was rough. Today should be better, today I will paint and pull weeds – two great cures for all that troubles me.

 see you later
ps

2 comments:

  1. Oh Pam! They've gone to Boulder!? That's where I went to college- a great town! Hang in there. It's hard letting go...but it is the way it should be. They need to sail by their own cloth. Be kind to yourself. You are a good mother.;-) tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also- love the image of them- JUST outside the safety of your picket fence.

    ReplyDelete