Wednesday, July 6, 2011

adjustments

The day seems sunnier today. I had a good cry over the phone with a special friend and just her listening was magic for me. What would we do without our friends?
 Each day is defined by how you “look at it” and yesterday was like a picture hanging slightly slanted on the wall – I was bothered by it and probably overthinking it – just a simple exercise in self-inflicted torture. I’m a mom, so there is always something quirky occurring in my life and I cannot control hardly any of it. I know this, so on most days, I just control my attitude, but on some days, it controls me; that would be yesterday.
 I still haven’t written my column, so I will now – going forward with an attitude adjustment. I have to remember to not take life so seriously and remind myself that it’s all going to be okay. I struggle to even know what I stressed over last July – it’s all in my foggy past and everything in my present moment is fine. What a waste of valuable time all that worrying was.
Take good care of your friends – they are your lifelines, they remind us of what we are really about when we lose our way.
"It is not so much our friends' help that helps us as the confident knowledge that they will help us."
Epicurus

Lucy Hunnicutt


b positive
p s

No comments:

Post a Comment