Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Beginnings

Today is leap year, such a fun concept.it seems that the earth actually takes 365.242 days to make its journey around the sun and like everything in life, that little bit of time adds up to another complete day about every four years. This is that special day a girl can propose to a man, hmmm. Anyway, we get one more day this year so, I say, make it count.

 I will begin my day by counting blessings and that always helps to get me positive, for as I have recently and frequently declared being positive is my destination. It’s early as I post and the day is freshly scrubbed and new. Life is still for a moment and this moment is where I need to adjust myself, prepare myself for another God given day. These early morning moments are divine – they are where life holds still for just a bit, all I hear are the birds outside and they too seem to sing more in the very early morning. Do they know something; is this the time we should reflect, this time before we are distracted by the day and before negative forces try very hard to corrupt our thoughts with the day’s dirt?
Perhaps we are like the sunrise – our days begin with its divine burst that is only positive energy and as it makes its way across the sky it becomes shadowed and obstructed until it finally rests from the weight of the day only to begin renewed again tomorrow. Nature gives us so many examples, so many lessons but for some reason, there are many that just ignore her and even worse, destroy her.

“Upon awakening, let the words Thank You flow from your lips, for this will remind you to begin your day with gratitude and compassion.” Dr. Wayne Dyer


b u
p s

No comments:

Post a Comment