Sunday, January 9, 2011

June 11, 2010
2 lists
The list of summer vegetables and fruit is growing and with it, my happiness. Today I picked a few plums (1st time ever), zucchini, squash, cucumbers, a few strawberries, and 8 eggs. I also shucked 3 dozen ears of corn I bought from a neighbor. It is the depiction of summer and so fulfilling to be involved with your food. We keep getting farther and farther away, however. Having a garden is not something reasonable for most, but the Farmer’s Market is a great place to go. Because of the chemicals used on commercially grown food and the distance it travels, there remains little nutrition.
Here is a quick list from Dr. Weil of 11 foods you do not have to buy organic:
  1. Asparagus
  2. Avocados
  3. Bananas
  4. Broccoli
  5. Cabbage
  6. Corn (sweet, frozen)
  7. Kiwi
  8. Mangos
  9. Onions
  10. Pineapples
  11. Peas (sweet, frozen)
I have posted this before, but while I am on the subject (my soapbox) I will post the list of the “Dirty Dozen”, the most chemically treated foods, foods you should buy organic :
  • Celery
  • Peaches
  • Strawberries
  • Apples
  • Blueberries (Domestic)
  • Nectarines
  • Sweet Bell Peppers
  • Spinach
  • Collard Greens/Kale
  • Cherries
  • Potatoes
  • Grapes (Imported)




 b healthy
p s

No comments:

Post a Comment