Saturday, January 8, 2011

sketches of my day May 2008 - Nov 2010

May 17, 2010
graduation

Another milestone has been met this past week end, graduation. It was a great experience. I expected stuffiness and pomp but instead, we were entertained in a way that can only happen “way down yonder in New Orleans”. The graduates were given white flag – like pieces of fabric that they waved to the rhythm of the orchestra when they played jazz numbers and again when the Superdome exploded with thunder as we watched on big screens the New Orleans Saints score the touchdown that made them national champions and Louisiana’s inspiration.It was refreshing to see the complimentary mix of academia and athletics. Like I said, I would have expected solemnity and ceremony from this southern university, but I did not factor in that it happened to be in New Orleans. As the nightmare unfolds in the Gulf, we escaped for a day and celebrated our future.


congratulations
ps

No comments:

Post a Comment