Sunday, January 9, 2011

sketches of my day May 2008 - Nov 2010

September 18, 2010
roads
It is Saturday morning in late September (and I really should be back in school – Rod Stewart) and I sit here wanting to write something positive and uncomplicated – the way I would like for my week end to be. I think of the quote my daughter sent to me yesterday, the one by Thoreau that says,
        "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams; live the life you've imagined,"
and I am inspired. While  hanging out sheets or mindfully making supper this week end and being still for a moment, I will think again of what my dreams are and try to clear the path that leads to them. Time is not waiting for me. I have realized that you need courage to follow your dreams because you must break away from the status quo and you must do as Frost says, take the other road,
“the one less traveled by”
daunting for most. I have not, as of yet, left the beaten path and I fear I may not ever. Life has led me to responsibilities and routines that are necessary to maintain. There are times, however, when I see a clearing and an opportunity to wander into the place in my head where I have my dreams.  I feel encouraged that one day I will step off of this predictable path that I am on and just be. The place that I am now is a pleasant place, it is safe and enriched and all is well here, and for that I am grateful and thankful. This other place is just a place that only involves me – it is where
I
am and in time, I will find it. Meanwhile, I will relish these days and the people I am privileged to share them with…
You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.  What you'll discover will be wonderful.  What you'll discover is yourself. 
Alan Alda

my walk in the September woods
the promise of citrus in late October

a spider lily from Miss Sue's garden
wildflowers in the woods
a Christmas tree
eating fallen pears
meeting for brunch
morning glory and cypress vine
b u
p s

No comments:

Post a Comment