Saturday, January 8, 2011

sketches of my day May 2008 - Nov 2010

May 31, 2010
lunch
I have given up cooking full meals. Instead I put out a sort of fresh food bar in late morning and it is there to graze on all afternoon. We are all “watching our weight” and I am always trying to shove fresh and organic food down their throats so, except for not having a “sit down” meal, this is good for us. I am having fun with it because it reminds me of laying out my palette with the colors of Nature in place of paints. Yesterday I did use the stove to sauté garlic, onions, and peppers in extra virgin olive oil to which I added four cans of organic black beans to simmer and serve over organic brown rice. I opened one of my few remaining jars of chow chow and sliced a cucumber from the garden. Yum. I also put out little bowls of broccoli, spinach, cranberries, and walnuts to make a side salad with. I boiled six eggs from our hens and peeled and salt and peppered them to use for the salad or just to eat as is. I made a pitcher of green tea with slices of orange and that was the “spread”. I had very little to put away yesterday evening. I already have my table scape planned for today. I noticed yesterday that I had a fat zucchini in the garden just right for two loaves of zucchini bread. I also have several yellow squashes ready to be picked and sautéed with onions and peppers. I will cut a fresh pineapple and cantaloupe to lay out on the cutting board and make another pitcher of green tea. No one ate the eggs from yesterday so I will add to them and put them out with salt and pepper for a protein source. I expect to find more cucumbers in the garden and a few cherry tomatoes so I will slice a couple to sit in salt, pepper, and white vinegar with the bite sized tomatoes. I always cook more rice than we eat so I will make a pilaf with what is left over, I will probably use onions, butter, sweet peas and peppers. Done…now I can paint!
b u
p s

No comments:

Post a Comment