Saturday, January 8, 2011

sketches of my day May 2008 - Nov 2010

June 7, 2010
my garden

Some days, like yesterday, I think I will give up the garden and visit the farmers market more often. I think I will leave all of the work behind and instead buy from those who do it so well. I think this when I am finding ways to scale down and simplify – the catch phrase of the decade – I think about having more time to stop and rest, but then I go outside the next morning the rains have stopped the sun is shining and my garden is so beautiful and giving. I pick a few cucumbers to go with lunch and a zucchini to make a dessert bread and a small bunch of zinnias for color. There are herbs for sauces and squashes and peppers and melon vines with promise and all of my sense has banished, once again.

 "We come from the earth, we return to the earth, and in between we garden."


b u
p s

No comments:

Post a Comment