Sunday, January 9, 2011

sketches of my day May 2008 - Nov 2010

August 19, 2010
imagine
‘It is preoccupation with possession, more than anything else, that prevents men from living freely and nobly.’
Bertrand Russell
…something that tiptoed into my radar this morning, something I want to think about, to put in my subconscious.
Something I have thought of that may lessen my emotional load is to not place judgment on occurrences, perhaps I will think in terms of "It is what it is”. I think it will take an emotional break from trying to decide if something that happens to me is “good” or “bad” – sounds tremendously freeing…I think I will couple this exercise with not making TO DO LISTS and I may find myself in a more peaceful place.
 

“When people see some things as beautiful,
other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good,
other things become bad.”
Lao Tzu

peace
ps

No comments:

Post a Comment