Sunday, January 9, 2011

sketches of my day May 2008 - Nov 2010

July 5, 2010
independence

The 4th of July… I love the images it conjures especially the connotation of independence. (I do not, however, like the calories it offers. I ate way too much blackberry cobbler. I will eat less today…)
I ended the day yesterday on the lawnmower; it was a great place to sit down to rest. Anyway, I had time to reflect and think about how hard it is to make life simple, how to be independent of so many things. It truly is much easier to make life complicated. Complications cause distractions and when we are distracted, we do not have to internalize and sometimes internalizing is uncomfortable, so… let’s just do something instead. Society and propaganda make complication and conundrums so readily available and  that is where the money is. There is little, if any, profit in simplicity. There is nothing (monetary) to gain in simplicity; therefore it is, for the most part, just a trendy catch phrase to toss around. I understand how difficult it is to implement, I am also a brainwashed consumer. I continue to take issue with it and rebel against it and continue to strive to achieve some level of simplicity in my life. The most obvious and easiest place to begin is with possessions – the whole “declutter” concept is posted on the cover of every ladies' magazine. I , too, will begin with this and will, hopefully, achieve a far superior podium.
I have posted a picture of yesterday afternoon, Bar B Que, crepe myrtles, market umbrellas, live oaks, South Louisiana humidity, ... It is the kind of picture that can jumpstart your imagination and perhaps cause a bit of an internal journey to begin.
 
When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. Wayne Dyer
b u

No comments:

Post a Comment