Sunday, January 9, 2011

November 9, 2010

listen


How daring would it be to spend a chunk of your (adult) life doing only what you wanted to do, listening to your spirit and your body and obeying, going with it? Wake up when your “clock” says to wake up and go to sleep when it says to sleep. Spend your waking hours in moments of engagement doing the things you want to do. I would spend many hours writing and painting and then I would break from those intensely creative moments and plant something to eat or take a walk or visit a friend. Would it all continue to seem so wonderful and special after many days of just doing what you wanted to do or do we need the contrast? Do we need the week to have the weekend, do we need the bad to see the good, do we need the rain? I suppose so, but then perhaps not. Perhaps we would feel more happiness and fulfillment being immersed in our element always.

I could be outside from daybreak to nightfall in these early November days. I see the season changing going from late summer, from green and lush, to early fall, brown and crisp. The air is clear from dampness and the sounds are lucid, sounds of leaves and wild rabbits in the woods. Sounds from inside reminding me of years past, of times I thought would never end, times from my youth when there was a larger expanse from fall to Christmas, a vastness that gave me time to absorb it all and appreciate it more. It eludes me now, I am over scheduled and unhappy about “too much” in my life, in these days of early fall when the woods turn colors and their and my inner spaces are revealed.

 
b u
p s

No comments:

Post a Comment