Sunday, January 2, 2011

sketches of my day May 2008 - Nov 2010

February 27, 2010
The Merry Month of March

      March is a month that takes me back… it is the month I was married, the month my mother was born, the month my twins were born, and the month spring begins. Each of these are happy happenings and my association with this month, that is knocking at our backdoor door, is positive. I remember camellias in March, camellias that floated in little saucers throughout my mother’s house on the night of my wedding. I had picked them that afternoon in a place that time had passed over. It was a place near my house but nowhere near our contemporary world. The house belonged to the granddaughter of the one who built it, a hundred years ago. It sat on the Bayou Teche and the yard was speckled with camellia bushes that bloomed in March and dappled sunlight that barely made its way through the massive oaks. I spent time there on that afternoon of my wedding picking the open blossoms, sorting through the ones that were the prettiest. I think back on how peaceful and real those moments were before I was married – no stress, no production, no pageantry, just me and Miss Sue in a garden picking camellias and saying good bye to the past.
Till next time,
p.s.

No comments:

Post a Comment