Sunday, January 9, 2011

sketches of my day May 2008 - Nov 2010

June 29, 2010
a place to be you
It’s just all a myriad of colors and sounds and smells, Key West and South Beach. The energy of Miami Beach is unlike my small sleepy town and the sounds from the ocean are there always in the back ground reminding you of a greater force. I think Key West was my favorite spot; the looseness was so comforting and the ability to feel “you” was so freeing. There seems to be no socioeconomic rules on the island; you are welcome there and celebrated for just being. How did it get so messed up? I ask, why did we complicate our lives, for what, for things? The refreshing ocean breeze, the vibrant Poinciana trees, the spirited sounds, the vibrant canvases, the sunsets, the hens and chicks, ahhhh Key West…

My mother said to me, "If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope." Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso.
Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment