Saturday, January 8, 2011

sketches of my day May 2008 - Nov 2010

April 6, 2010
early spring
I truly cannot get enough of this season. I am turning dirt over everywhere I can and planting seeds and plants and tubers and trees and bushes. I am in awe of the beauty of these early spring days and I have expanded my garden to contain all of my “ambition”. I know by June, it will all be disheveled, but “till” (love the pun) then, I am going to enjoy the anticipation.



There are many things about this state of affairs that bother me. While I appreciate hundreds of the modern offerings of our society , I am bothered by the way we have disconnected from our food sources. How can we possibly be healthy when we eat our meals from a box? I have this dream of eating only what my garden and my chickens produce for a bit of time this summer. I will have to be creative with my culinary skills and convincing with my family, but I aim to try it. I have so far, planted potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, various peppers, eggplant, strawberries, lettuces, cucumbers, zucchini, yellow squash, white scallop squash, cantaloupe, and watermelon!! I am very ambitious

 
I think that no matter how old or infirm I may become, I will always plant a large garden in the spring.  Who can resist the feelings of hope and joy that one gets from participating in nature's rebirth? 
~Edward Giobbi

plant something,
p.s.

No comments:

Post a Comment