Saturday, January 8, 2011

sketches of my day May 2008 - Nov 2010

May 12, 2010
post script
I came across something I wrote four years ago about mothers, mine specifically, and I want to post  - I can never say enough good about my mom.
Today, we remember Mothers as some of the world’s most cherished, irreplaceable people. If I had only one word to describe a mother’s love, it would be transcendental. Powerful forces like disagreements, distance and death try to erode it, but cannot. A mother and her child are eternal.
Regardless of the years, I can still feel my mother’s hand touching my hot forehead with the back of her hand when I was sick and fastening my ponytail tight and perfectly, the way only she could, when I was ten and I can still remember her voice and the convincing way it sounded when she told me,“It will all work out”.She had a way of putting my world right side up for me. I think of her each day and miss her more and more. In the whole world, there isn’t any one who can take her place – mothers are custom made for their children. We will forget many people in our lives, but we will never forget our mothers. They are the first to love us. When I had my first baby, my mother told me, “…from the time he draws his first breath, until you draw your last, he will never leave your mind.” She was right………about everything. 


These are sweetheart roses my mom showed up one day with about 25 years ago for my new house trailing on a fence my twins made for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment