Sunday, January 9, 2011

sketches of my day May 2008 - Nov 2010

August 12, 2010
good bye

And so it begins, school today… I will miss the sights of summer, the lazy crawl of the lizards basking and entertaining, the majestic flight of the monarchs in my garden , the loud sounds of the cicadas in the heat of the day, the summer sky fluffy and  comforting, the full moons in June and July, the trip to the beach, the memories we have made. Many of these sights and sounds will still be there but I won’t; I will be in a job and my days will be consumed with work and routine. I say this with ambiguity for I do know that a job is something to be grateful for, and I am, for I have a great job, but then I know that a job can take you away from the romance of life. It is an internal and external struggle, but I will find my way and take what is good and move forward. I will miss “summer”, but I will soon be thinking of pumpkins and scarecrows and that first cool breeze.
Summer afternoon - Summer afternoon... the two most beautiful words in the English language.
Henry James
I am posting a few summer photos my cousin sent to me…
g.s.fleshman
g.s.fleshman
g.s.fleshman
have a good day
bu
ps

No comments:

Post a Comment