Saturday, January 8, 2011

sketches of my day May 2008 - Nov 2010

April 4, 2010 
Easter
Poll parrot shoes, white patent leather purses with a small St. Joseph missal and a rosary inside, baby chicks, my sister and I’s matching lavender Easter dresses that my grandmother made and my mother painstakingly ironed, springtime, flowers , just  a myriad of Easters past, a place to go to remember and to feel warmth.


This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

&
Responsibility does not only lie with the leaders of our countries or with those who have been appointed or elected to do a particular job. It lies with each of us individually. Peace, for example, starts within each one of us. When we have inner peace, we can be at peace with those around us.


No comments:

Post a Comment