Sunday, January 9, 2011

sketches of my day May 2008 - Nov 2010

September 6, 2010
"to do"
"Nothing just happens." I saw this on FB this morning and it has positioned my day. It is such a freeing notion, I suppose, the idea that we are exactly where we should be doing what we should be doing??? I hope so, but I do find myself filled with doubt at times and many times searching. I am trying to feel more settled, however. I have always recalled a small bumper sticker of sorts pasted to the window pane of the door in Sr. Bartholomew’s classroom that said, “Bloom where you are planted” – this will be my beacon. I realize how much of my time, my life, I have spent trying to plan my life and it has been, for the most part, a misuse of precious moments. I would aspire to be more like a child and greet each day with freshness and wonder instead of preconception and expectations, for I know now how disappointing that can be. The “lists” must go, the torment to get “things” done must go – I need to let the day unfold with a natural rhythm and at the end of the day feel a sense of accomplishment and purpose and feel peace instead of anxiety caused be all that was not checked off of the “”list”.
b u
p s

No comments:

Post a Comment