Saturday, January 8, 2011

sketches of my day May 2008 - Nov 2010

March 17, 2010
again

 William James

Okay, how haunting is this? I remember being a kid and recording my voice on a little tape recorder we had and when I listened to it, I did not recognize it as my voice. I sounded different than I thought. That moment really impacted me and my perception of myself. William James takes it a giant step more and proclaims that the way people perceive us is not the way we see ourselves and then questions whether we even see ourselves correctly. I am thinking of this and wondering how to combat this false perception. I think the arts are a great way to “express yourself”, that is, if you create from your heart. It is something to think about and make you understand the importance and value in the long term relationship. Thought provoking stuff…

No comments:

Post a Comment